Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Help

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    6

    Help

    Hi, I tried using Smart Boot Manager, but it said "Error! 0X0C, then I wrote boot.img as an iso to the floppy, and it said "SYSLINUX 2.04 (Debian, 2003-06-06) Boot Error". Can anyone help me? I am using Windows XP Home Edition.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    Just write the .iso file as an image file.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    I don't really understand what you are saying. But if you want to create boot floppy using smart boot manager image from windows, you need a utility called rawrite.
    Read my post here http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...=13443&start=0

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    6
    I've already used both of them. When I tried to use boot manager, it said ther was an error. And then I tried writing boot.img to the floppy with rawwrite for Windows, and when I booted it up, it gave me the errors I posted above.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    Sorry misunderstood you there.

    The img it sounds like is curropted if it still wont work even after useing rawrite

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    6
    Okay, do you know where I can get an uncorrupted one? I got that one from my friend, or if there was something I can download from Knoppix website or somewhere that will get it to work?

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    Quote Originally Posted by Cydo
    Okay, do you know where I can get an uncorrupted one? I got that one from my friend, or if there was something I can download from Knoppix website or somewhere that will get it to work?
    You can try looking around the mirrors. Go to the Get Knoppix tab at the top.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack) picture

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)

$1599.95



Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server picture

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server

$349.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$381.93



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2022 50 User/Device Connections picture

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2022 50 User/Device Connections

$68.00