Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: How do I write to linux partition from Knoppix live

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536

    How do I write to linux partition from Knoppix live

    I have to write to the partition and change some files for boot pruposes and I can't write to the partition. Is it chmod ....something?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949

    Re: How do I write to linux partition from Knoppix live

    Quote Originally Posted by rrfish72
    I have to write to the partition and change some files for boot pruposes and I can't write to the partition. Is it chmod ....something?
    Did you remount the partition as rw?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536
    That's exactly what I did? Why does that mess things up? I added it to the fstab and in the append line in lilo.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    Quote Originally Posted by rrfish72
    That's exactly what I did? Why does that mess things up? I added it to the fstab and in the append line in lilo.
    Make sure users are allowed to mount/write

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536
    How do I make users able to mount/write?

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    Quote Originally Posted by rrfish72
    How do I make users able to mount/write?
    On your fstab, make sure there is the word user in the options.

Similar Threads

  1. is it safe to write to a FAT32 partition from knoppix?
    By someuser77 in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-13-2005, 08:01 PM
  2. Can I burn files from an ntfs partition using Knoppix live
    By Drake in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-19-2005, 02:11 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-22-2005, 11:44 AM
  4. hard drive partition required to run knoppix w/o live-cd?
    By ishaim in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-27-2004, 10:01 AM
  5. Backup NTFS partition with Knoppix live cd?
    By OCedHrt in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-17-2004, 05:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Vintage Linux DVD - Knoppix 5.2 - c't Magazine - 7 / 2007 - Software Collection 2 picture

Vintage Linux DVD - Knoppix 5.2 - c't Magazine - 7 / 2007 - Software Collection 2

$7.84



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.59