Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Help

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    6

    Help

    Hi, I tried using Smart Boot Manager, but it said "Error! 0X0C, then I wrote boot.img as an iso to the floppy, and it said "SYSLINUX 2.04 (Debian, 2003-06-06) Boot Error". Can anyone help me? I am using Windows XP Home Edition.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    Just write the .iso file as an image file.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    I don't really understand what you are saying. But if you want to create boot floppy using smart boot manager image from windows, you need a utility called rawrite.
    Read my post here http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...=13443&start=0

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    6
    I've already used both of them. When I tried to use boot manager, it said ther was an error. And then I tried writing boot.img to the floppy with rawwrite for Windows, and when I booted it up, it gave me the errors I posted above.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    Sorry misunderstood you there.

    The img it sounds like is curropted if it still wont work even after useing rawrite

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    6
    Okay, do you know where I can get an uncorrupted one? I got that one from my friend, or if there was something I can download from Knoppix website or somewhere that will get it to work?

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    Quote Originally Posted by Cydo
    Okay, do you know where I can get an uncorrupted one? I got that one from my friend, or if there was something I can download from Knoppix website or somewhere that will get it to work?
    You can try looking around the mirrors. Go to the Get Knoppix tab at the top.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A picture

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A

$34.99



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE

$214.99



Western Digital 256GB NVMe 2280 80mm SSD SDAPNUW-256G-1006 L18845-002 SN520 picture

Western Digital 256GB NVMe 2280 80mm SSD SDAPNUW-256G-1006 L18845-002 SN520

$29.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1

$52.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.80



Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA III SSD MZ-76E500 MZ7LH500HALU

$50.00



M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health picture

M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health

$35.99



2 x SanDisk Plus SDSSDA 2.5

2 x SanDisk Plus SDSSDA 2.5" 240GB Solid State Drive

$29.50



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...

$30.00