This is more of a request to those who make their remaster available to the public and probably not something that can be addressed by knoppix maintainers.
Please tell what version of knoppix the remaster distro is based on.
I downloaded and burned a lot of CD's only to find the remaster was based on an older knoppix that didn't have the drivers I needed for my platform. I could have saved so much time in that I know knoppix 3.4 or better works on my computer. I could have passed on remaster distros based on 3.3 or earlier if only the description had said so.
This becomes very important when there are so many remaster distros available (some based on knoppix 2.n) that haven't been maintained to latest knoppix version and are incompatible with latest hardware.
Well, thanks for listening

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T480s | i5-8350U | 256GB NVMe | 8GB RAM | W11 Pro | W/AC Adapter
$169.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$329.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI
$144.00