-
Senior Member
registered user
Need help editing GRUB for Kanotix - adding knoppix to list
I am trying to edit grub to get it to load knoppix as a boot choice and I does not see it. Here is what I have in boot/grub/menu1st:
## ## End Default Options ##
title Linux
root (hd0,1)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/hda2 ro ramdisk_size=100000 lang=us apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi nomce vga=791 alsa
savedefault
boot
title Kanotix
root (hd0,1)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.8.1-kanotix-5 root=/dev/hda2 ro ramdisk_size=100000 lang=us apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi nomce vga=791 alsa
savedefault
boot
### END DEBIAN AUTOMAGIC KERNELS LIST
title Knoppix
root (hd0,2)
kernal /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.27 root=/dev/hda3 ro ramdisk_size=100000 lang=us apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi nomce vga=791 alsa
boot
title WindowsXP
rootnoverify (hd0,0)
makeactive
chainloader +1
savedefault
I added the knoppix entry. Is it in the wrong place? Can I get some help so I can boot Knoppix from the hd also.
Similar Threads
-
By vdesibabu in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-05-2005, 05:47 PM
-
By ska_p_te in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-29-2004, 09:03 PM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-22-2004, 11:54 PM
-
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-25-2004, 12:08 AM
-
By Carnyride79 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-06-2003, 08:01 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01