In Add printer wizard, select SMB shared printer(Windows)
![]()
![]()
Hi,
I'm running Knoppix 3.7 on my notebook and am wirelessly conntected through a wireless router to a small home workgroup. Right now I am having troble printing to a printer attached to a Windoze pc, the other windoze pcs can print to it and I was wondering how I would go about printing to it? I can see the worgroup and the indivudal PC's but have not been able to find the printer using the configuration wizard. Thanks in advace![]()
-Jameson
In Add printer wizard, select SMB shared printer(Windows)
![]()
![]()
First you have to go to the Windows Machine and enable the guest account, then you can use the printer wizard in Knoppix and scan the network as that user and it will show the printer. Then you can install the printer normally. I had the same problem when I was getting Knoppix setup on my laptop and this worked seemlessly for me.

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3)
$149.99
6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips
$125.00
VINTAGE DEC DELNI-AA 8 PORT AUI THICKWIRE ETHERNET LAN INTERCONNECT IN COVERS.
$95.00
Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99
Vintage DEC Digital Rainbow Drive Controller PC100 RD51 CNTLR
$69.99
Vintage DEC Digital M8153 RH70 UNIBUS CONTROL-BCT (B15)
$139.99