Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Printer on Windoze Workgroup Workstation

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    78

    Printer on Windoze Workgroup Workstation

    Hi,

    I'm running Knoppix 3.7 on my notebook and am wirelessly conntected through a wireless router to a small home workgroup. Right now I am having troble printing to a printer attached to a Windoze pc, the other windoze pcs can print to it and I was wondering how I would go about printing to it? I can see the worgroup and the indivudal PC's but have not been able to find the printer using the configuration wizard. Thanks in advace

    -Jameson

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    In Add printer wizard, select SMB shared printer(Windows)


  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    17
    First you have to go to the Windows Machine and enable the guest account, then you can use the printer wizard in Knoppix and scan the network as that user and it will show the printer. Then you can install the printer normally. I had the same problem when I was getting Knoppix setup on my laptop and this worked seemlessly for me.

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix and VMWare Workstation 4
    By Arkasha in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-18-2005, 02:29 PM
  2. Machine name and workgroup
    By tp671 in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-13-2005, 11:27 PM
  3. Networking to a WIndows Workgroup?
    By diogenes in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-08-2005, 02:44 AM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-07-2003, 10:44 PM
  5. CoExisting with WINDOZE
    By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-24-2002, 05:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$275.00



MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800 picture

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800

$189.95



Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$225.00



Digital Deli Apple Lisa Steve Jobs Blue Box MITS Altair 8800 Bob Moog Intel 4004 picture

Digital Deli Apple Lisa Steve Jobs Blue Box MITS Altair 8800 Bob Moog Intel 4004

$48.00



S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI) picture

S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI)

$34.99



Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI picture

Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI

$150.00



MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board picture

MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board

$675.00



​SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested picture

​SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested

$119.99



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$29.99



1976 Vintage CPU Guide Intel C4004 8008 CDP1802 IMP-16 PACE M6800 Rockwell PPS-4 picture

1976 Vintage CPU Guide Intel C4004 8008 CDP1802 IMP-16 PACE M6800 Rockwell PPS-4

$59.99