In Add printer wizard, select SMB shared printer(Windows)
![]()
![]()
Hi,
I'm running Knoppix 3.7 on my notebook and am wirelessly conntected through a wireless router to a small home workgroup. Right now I am having troble printing to a printer attached to a Windoze pc, the other windoze pcs can print to it and I was wondering how I would go about printing to it? I can see the worgroup and the indivudal PC's but have not been able to find the printer using the configuration wizard. Thanks in advace![]()
-Jameson
In Add printer wizard, select SMB shared printer(Windows)
![]()
![]()
First you have to go to the Windows Machine and enable the guest account, then you can use the printer wizard in Knoppix and scan the network as that user and it will show the printer. Then you can install the printer normally. I had the same problem when I was getting Knoppix setup on my laptop and this worked seemlessly for me.

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99
Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99
Hitachi HUS726060ALA640 6TB 7.2K SATA 3.5 6G HDD Hard Disc Drive
$109.99
HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99
Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99
Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99
HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED
$34.95
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99
Western Digital Purple 1TB 3.5" SATA Internal Surveillance Hard Drive (WD10PURX)
$49.99
HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy
$35.00