Isn't this suppose to be like this:kernel (hd0,3)/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.8.1-10mdk root=/dev/hda5
Unless hda4 is a swap partition.Code:kernel (hd0,3)/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.8.1-10mdk root=/dev/hda4
![]()
Trying to get Mandrake to boot but when it is selected there is an error that tells me: ERROR: Cannot boot selected partition. The boot loader GRUB is located on the hda2 which is handling the boot process. This is the bootloader that is being edited.
Mandrake is installed on hda5 whch I believe is the only other partition that is bootable with a OS on. I will try other partition #'s and post back if I am successful. I already tried (hd0,5) and (hd0,3). I looked up this info - (hd0,0)=1st partition, (hd0,1)=2nd partition, (hd0,2)=third partition.... and the hd0 is the selected harddrive - where if there were other harddrivies they would be hd1, hd2.....
I am posting menu1st from grub to see if anyone sees whats wrong with the info. This is the only OS that does not boot. Any suggestion appreciated.
## ## End Default Options ##
title Linux
root (hd0,1)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/hda2 ro ramdisk_size=100000 lang=us apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi nomce vga=791 alsa
savedefault
boot
title Kanotix
root (hd0,1)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.8.1-kanotix-5 root=/dev/hda2 ro ramdisk_size=100000 lang=us apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi nomce vga=791 alsa
savedefault
boot
title Knoppix
kernel (hd0,2)/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.27 root=/dev/hda3 ro ramdisk_size=100000 lang=us apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi nomce vga=791 alsa
boot
title Mandrake
kernel (hd0,3)/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.8.1-10mdk root=/dev/hda5 ro ramdisk_size=100000 lang=us apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi vga=791 alsa
boot
### END DEBIAN AUTOMAGIC KERNELS LIST
title WindowsXP
rootnoverify (hd0,0)
makeactive
chainloader +1
savedefault
Isn't this suppose to be like this:kernel (hd0,3)/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.8.1-10mdk root=/dev/hda5
Unless hda4 is a swap partition.Code:kernel (hd0,3)/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.8.1-10mdk root=/dev/hda4
![]()
Mmh ... if you're positive mandrake lives on hda5, I'd rather try
(that's assuming mdk does not have a separate /boot partition)Code:kernel (hd0,4)/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.8.1-10mdk root=/dev/hda5 ...

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98