-
Nessus problem on Knoppix 3.2
I am having a problem with the new distribution of stable version of knoppix V3.2 (3/21b/2003). I have checked the FAQs and documentation on both the knoppix site and on the nessus site.
When I launch Nessus from the KDE menu (System, Nessus) it does not login when I supply the correct username/password (knoppix/knoppix).
Instead it gives me the error:
"Could not open a connection to the remote host"
All my configuration settings in nessus are default
(to run nessusd and nessus on the same system).
I have a valid network connection as I can use the Internet.
I can ping myself successfully as both 127.0.0.1 and localhost.
I am wondering if the "nessusd" security server is not starting first in the script.
Any suggestions on where I can look to investigate or solve this problem?
Thank you in advance,
Joel Desrochers
[email protected]
-
Joel,
I do not have the 03/21 version of Knoppix anymore, but Nessus is working fine on my 03/24 version.
Try this: Start the Nessus client, then open up a root shell and type 'ps -ef | grep nessusd'. This command will search running processes for any processes called 'nessusd. You should see at least one nessusd process.
If you do not see the nessusd process, try starting it manually by typing: /usr/sbin/nessusd
The nessusd program runs on TCP port 1241. To verify it is actually open, type 'nmap -p 1241 127.0.0.1'. This command will try to open a connection to the above port. If it says the port is open, your connection should work. If it says the port is still closed, you should probably try downloading the latest version of Knoppix.
Hope this helps.
CubeDweller
-
The solution that worked!
Thanks to all who tried to help.
The answer that worked for me was:
try to start nessus from system=>security=>nessus.
Similar Threads
-
By gonzo in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-28-2005, 05:14 PM
-
By cqnc in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-19-2004, 04:43 PM
-
By happyholger in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-12-2003, 12:28 PM
-
By happyholger in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-03-2003, 05:31 PM
-
By ehoward777 in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-24-2003, 03:36 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A
$34.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Samsung MZ-76P256 V-NAND 860 PRO 256GB 2.5" SSD #21
$45.50

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health
$35.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$97.60