Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: DVD RW on Sony GRT716S

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    DVD RW on Sony GRT716S

    I just got this Sony Vaio PCG-GRT716S, but I am experiencing a problem with the DVD / CD- RW. When I insert a disc I get a message to insert disc to drive E, even if I have already inserted a blanc DVD. When I try to drag and drop, I get the message insert disc code 011 - 02 - 1028.
    Also if I try to remove files from the disc inside the E drive I get the same message.

    Sometimes the disc is detected, and I can write to the disc, as soon as the disc finishes to record to the disc, the disc ejects from the drive. when I insert it back into the drive, it can't find the files that was copied. Later it maybe finds, but can never be sure. Also the properties of the disc always shows the disc as full, even though it is empty.
    Please if anybody know how to solve this problem let me know.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Are you trying to use the dvd for packet writing?

  3. #3

    DVD-RW

    Sorry I don't know what you mean with packet writeing, I am trying to store data on the DVD. Not movies.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1
    I had the same error code on my Sony PCG-Z1XSP, it has a "MATSHITA UJ-812" drive and uses "Drag'n Drop" software.

    According to the Drag'n Drop website this isn't packet writing software.

    I previously installed ROXIO as an alternative and this unfortunately resulting in a broken DVD burner. Sony fixd it for me but reccommend not installing third party software such as ROXIO.

    Any ideas welcome.

    In the meantime I'm going to risk the biscuit with Pinnacle InstantCD/DVD version 8 as it apparently supports the MATSHITA UJ-812 drive.

Similar Threads

  1. Sony usb DVD and a Knoppix 3.8.1 ... k3b did : not dvd recor
    By cayetano in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-30-2005, 12:00 AM
  2. Sony Vaio PCG-GRT816M
    By abnormal in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-16-2004, 11:48 PM
  3. No sound on my Sony PCG-TR1 Centrino
    By runnersam in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-06-2003, 07:04 AM
  4. Sony Supressa USB CDr
    By gcoker in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-02-2003, 03:16 PM
  5. Sony Flatscreen
    By Hans in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-27-2003, 11:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK picture

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK

$169.95



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



Hynix & Samsun (Lot Of 36) 4GB 2Rx8 PC3L-10600R DDR3 Server Memory 144GB Total picture

Hynix & Samsun (Lot Of 36) 4GB 2Rx8 PC3L-10600R DDR3 Server Memory 144GB Total

$120.00



MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY picture

MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY

$229.00



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB picture

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB

$124.95



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00



Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW picture

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW

$1.39