-
Trying to install LVM
I've actually managed to install LVM2 on Knoppix 3.6, but I have a slight problem. When I run lvcreate, I get the following error:
Code:
Unable to make device node for 'FunkyHD-usr'
/dev/FunkyHD/usr: not found: device not zeroed
(FunkyHD is my volume group). Anyway, after poking around, I found the problem to be that even though I'm root lvcreate cannot make entries is the /dev/mapper directory, NOT because of directory permisisons, but because the filesystem is read-only. Obvserve:
Code:
root@ttyp0[mapper]# touch hello
touch: cannot touch `hello': Read-only file system
Well, I think the million dollar question that'll sooth all my woes is: How can I write to the /dev/mapper directory in Knoppix 3.6? Please, oh please. There must be a way.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP
$127.00