-
Trying to install LVM
I've actually managed to install LVM2 on Knoppix 3.6, but I have a slight problem. When I run lvcreate, I get the following error:
Code:
Unable to make device node for 'FunkyHD-usr'
/dev/FunkyHD/usr: not found: device not zeroed
(FunkyHD is my volume group). Anyway, after poking around, I found the problem to be that even though I'm root lvcreate cannot make entries is the /dev/mapper directory, NOT because of directory permisisons, but because the filesystem is read-only. Obvserve:
Code:
root@ttyp0[mapper]# touch hello
touch: cannot touch `hello': Read-only file system
Well, I think the million dollar question that'll sooth all my woes is: How can I write to the /dev/mapper directory in Knoppix 3.6? Please, oh please. There must be a way.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS PromBlaster
$895.00

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$139.98

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

Vintage Coach Signature Embossed Leather Tobacco Tablet E-Reader Case 8”
$79.99

Vintage Macintosh Compuserve Version 1 Membership Kit PC Magazine Mac New Sealed
$999.99

Vintage Apple IIgs 3.5” & 5.25” Floppy Disk Drives A9M0106 A9M0107 Untested
$115.00

Vintage Computer Sun Ultra 1 UltraSpark Driven - Mystery condition as-is Parts
$49.78

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00