check in your source dir that you are giving isolinux when you build there is really a boot/isolinux/ directory
TRUE! Never worked for me either.
TRUE! But somehow I managed to get it working.
FALSE! It works just fine, you just used the wrong version.
FALSE! You need to be smarter than the software.
NO OPINION! Cripes, maybe you can use differant software instead.
DON'T KNOW, DON'T CARE. Sorry.
I have tried a variety of differant versions of 'mkisofs' and I have
always had this one stinking problem.
'Uh oh, I cant find the boot catalog directory 'boot/isolinux'!'
Yes, it -is- there and it -was- inputed correctly as stated by the
KNOPPIX online documentation....
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...masteringHowto
I should also point out that this 'mkisofs' has not worked before in
other applications. Whats up with that?
Am I the only one having these problems? I am using KNOPPIX 3.6
and I used the above link, followed the intstructions verbatim.
Still the same error. I typed in the absolute paths, I tried other
syntax. Nothing.
check in your source dir that you are giving isolinux when you build there is really a boot/isolinux/ directory
because hat was written for 2.4 and 2.6 may have isolinux in a diffrent directory.. I dunno, my remaster started as 2.4 and ive been updating it manually
I have never tried any of the remastering howtos on this site as IMHO they complicate the process entirely too much but I can assure you that mkisofs DOES indeed work.
The boot directory is there and the isolinux directory is there too.
Those were the first things I checked. I have even tried to pass absolute paths to mkisofs and it didn't work.
I'm sick today so I will mess with this dumb thing later. *grumble*
Thanks!
works for me. hmmm, weird.
How about this....For those that have successfully remastered Knoppix,
please tell me how you did it without going into much detail....
The things I am really curious about are;
* What version of KNOPPIX is used (I have 3.6)
* What version of mkisofs is used (very curious!)?
* Did you use some other persons scripts like Klaus, for example?
Also, what version were they?
* What did you input to get mkisofs to work without the common errors
that I see are being reported? (Can you cut-and-paste it here?)
* Did you use a source and master directory?
* Couldnt I simply uncompress the whole KNOPPIX CD into a folder
and then recreate the boot sequences and recompress the modified
KNOPPIX files by hand somehow just in BASH?
Suggestions, hints, etc very much appreciated!

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5" SAS ST4000NM0025
$22.00
Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99
HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99
NEW Sealed Toshiba N300 Pro 10TB NAS HDD 7200RPM
$299.99
Hitachi HDS723030ALA640 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5in HDD, Low Power-On Hours
$49.00
Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99
HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00
Seagate Exos X16 16TB ST16000NM001G 7200RPM Enterprise HDD*USED GREAT CONDITION*
$319.79
New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59
Seagate BarraCuda ST1000DM010 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive
$63.99