-
Help--Fonts incredible small...and no mouse
Knoppix 3.6, I upgraded knoppix and change the boot to kernell 2.6. All fonts became 10 to 20 times smaller!! On kde i can change that and increase fonts to size 144 (?!) but in firefox/thunderbird/pan and others gtk programs how can I increase fonts??
If I boot to kernell 2.4 everything is allright except the mouse! Doesn't work at all. I tried mouseconfig and test all the options and ...nothing..
My /etc/X11/XF86Config:
protocol PS2
Device "/dev/mouse"
Emulate3Buttons
Emulate3Timeout 70
My mouse is a wheelmouse from microsoft
All help is apreciated
Vjuliao
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Help--Fonts incredible small...and no mouse

Originally Posted by
vjuliao
Knoppix 3.6, I upgraded knoppix and change the boot to kernell 2.6. All fonts became 10 to 20 times smaller!! On kde i can change that and increase fonts to size 144 (?!) but in firefox/thunderbird/pan and others gtk programs how can I increase fonts??
If I boot to kernell 2.4 everything is allright except the mouse! Doesn't work at all. I tried mouseconfig and test all the options and ...nothing..
My /etc/X11/XF86Config:
protocol PS2
Device "/dev/mouse"
Emulate3Buttons
Emulate3Timeout 70
My mouse is a wheelmouse from microsoft
All help is apreciated
Vjuliao
You'll want to change the XF86Config-4 now, thats what beening used.
-
I tried now and with kernell 2.4 > no mouse
With kernell 2.6 > mouse ok and small fonts
XF86Config-4 isn't the same to both kernells?
If Yes, why mouse works in one and doesn't work in another?
Vjuliao
-
Senior Member
registered user
there was a change in protocols between the kernels. regarding /dev, there your trouble lies. there is a dynamic /dev in 2.6 that adapts to detected hardware as oposed to a static in 2.4 where every consievable device was listed, even if not precent, bulky and inefficient, and not always accurate.
Similar Threads
-
By indomable in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-05-2006, 04:22 AM
-
By doralives in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 03:19 PM
-
By mchester in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 06-24-2003, 11:29 AM
-
By clfest in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 04-30-2003, 01:59 AM
-
By mojavelinux in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-14-2002, 12:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$59.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1MB- 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Jump Drive Lot
$280.00

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99