dosfsck für FAT partitions.
for NTFS there is currently no tool available. ntfsck is still under development (http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/status.html).
hi,
I read on a website that knoppix has some tools for recovering/repairing windows. I would need something like chkdsk or scandisk. My windows is not starting anymore. So probably something in the boot sector is broken. Does anyone know this tools or am i on the wrong way??
thanks for your help!
i3rutus
dosfsck für FAT partitions.
for NTFS there is currently no tool available. ntfsck is still under development (http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/status.html).
I have the same problem, but can't find a way to run "dosfsck".
I tried it like this: "dosfsck -afrt file:/mnt/hda*" - where * represents the numbers from 1-7 that knoppix gave my fat32-partitions.
I know i'm just a step from it, but can't see what i do wrong. I always get error "Open ....: no such file or directory".![]()
Any1 can offer some help to a poor "Help-i-use-linux-for-the-first-time"-User?
Thx and Greetings
You need to mount that partition before running dosfsck.
ex:
mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1
dosfsck <option> /dev/hda1 <option>
ex: to test and interactive repair of bad cluster in verbose mode
dosfsck -r -t /dev/hda1 -V
![]()
![]()

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
GIGABYTE Z890M AORUS ELITE WIFI7 ICE INTEL MOTHERBOARD
$149.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW
$121.45
ASRock B550M Phantom Gaming 4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$71.49
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
GIGABYTE H610M S2H V2 Motherboard, Supports 14th/13th/12th Gen Intel Core i5 i7
$69.59
ASUS Striker II Formula Motherboard With SupremeFX II Included
$225.00