Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Mounting Sun Solaris file systems

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2

    Mounting Sun Solaris file systems

    Can I expect knoppix to be able to mount a HD with a Sun Solaris file system on it?

    I have lost my Sparc 20 to a lightning strike and want to recover data from the drives. All I need is to mount them read only. Then I am guessing my best bet for a r+w mount is a FAT formated drive on my PC.

    Then copy the files over for recovery.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949

    Re: Mounting Sun Solaris file systems

    Quote Originally Posted by aallenaia
    Can I expect knoppix to be able to mount a HD with a Sun Solaris file system on it?

    I have lost my Sparc 20 to a lightning strike and want to recover data from the drives. All I need is to mount them read only. Then I am guessing my best bet for a r+w mount is a FAT formated drive on my PC.

    Then copy the files over for recovery.
    Knoppix may or may not have the modules needed to mount a Sparc Fs, I do know that if you compile your own kernel you can make them avaible.

Similar Threads

  1. QTparted - how do you add other file systems?
    By Oxyacetylene in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-18-2005, 08:26 PM
  2. Warning to write on ufs (Solaris) file system
    By max_der_dritte in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2004, 08:39 PM
  3. problems with create auto mounted file systems
    By Reven in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-12-2004, 08:13 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-25-2003, 04:04 PM
  5. Encrypted File Systems
    By Incubii in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-16-2003, 08:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch picture

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch

$115.00



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99