-
Senior Member
registered user
Thank you for coming back with a reply Cuddles. I'll try ReZound.
I did a couple of naughty things, I tried out the Window$ version of Audacity with the the onboard VIA82xx and it seems to work fine at 44.1k..... drat!
The other bad thing I did was break ALSA, so that OSS is back working. It doesn't support the onboard VIA so I plugged in an old es1370 sound card. (Okay that three things I did!) - I can now make my recordings.
It seems that with the snd_via82xx driver I'm stuck with 48k sample rate and that the current bianry for Audacity only supports OSS. The OSS emulation in ALSA doesn't seem to work very well and the recordings that I did make were clipped and badly distorted, changing the levels didn't fix this.
Audacity can be compiled with ALSA support but wouldn't for me, must be missing something. (see the Audacity wiki http://www.audacityteam.org/wiki/ind...pilingAudacity ).
I'll wait before trying ALSA again!
Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By Antaeus in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-13-2005, 04:00 AM
-
By plener in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-08-2005, 07:11 PM
-
By goba in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-07-2003, 01:29 PM
-
By Alex1 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-20-2003, 11:17 PM
-
By Alex1 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-20-2003, 10:57 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99