Im trying to edit nessusd.conf but I keep getting an error messageI think I might have to edit it in the root shell but I don't know how and how would I get to the file from the root shell? Any help would be appreciated
Im trying to edit nessusd.conf but I keep getting an error messageI think I might have to edit it in the root shell but I don't know how and how would I get to the file from the root shell? Any help would be appreciated
Two ways, actually three, if you want to do it from the CLI completely:
( 1 ) In a root shell, type mc - for Midnight Commander - it will be a root File Manager screen, if you started it from a root screen. Now, all you have to do is click to navigate to your file, click on the file to edit it...
( 2 ) Locate "File Manager - Super User Mode" from within the KMenu, I have Knoppix v3.4, hard drive installed, and I can find it in the following: KMenu -> System -> More Programs. It will ask you for your "Administrator" or root password, and then bring up a Konq screen for you to navigate with, follow to your file, and edit it...
( 3 ) In a root Konsole screen, you can do it all by CLI commands:
cd /... to the directory / folder where your file is residing...
kwrite nessusd.conf or use what ever editor you prefer, vim, vi, kate, joe, etc...
Hope this helps
to be more compilcated vi or emacs could be used directly under the console. but that is a bit hard on a new user. powerful tools though.,
Even the old (and to me familiar) comands echo and cat could be used i guess.
or if you want several "files" merged as one new file.Code:echo whatever_i_want_added_to_END_of_nessusd.conf >> nessusd.conf
Code:cat file1>newfile file2>>newfile file3>>newfile....
Thank you guys, also is knoppix std all that different from knoppix?
details such as what programes and versions there are... no great insurmountable diferences.
A great tutorial that I recently learned about is vimtutor.
I learned alot about using vi/vim with it.
Just type "vimtutor" at a shell.
oh, might be some sligth diferences as to hardware support...

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$140.00
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
HP ProLiant BL460c Gen8 Blade Chassis w/2x Xeon E5-2630L 2.0GHz, 32GB RAM, No H
$144.99
HP ProLiant BL660C Gen8 Server Blade 2x Xeon E5-4650L 2.60Ghz w/ 32GB DDR3, QTY
$189.99
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99