No need to apologise; not all of us have been raised in English ;-)
Your problem sounds strange; 512 Mb is definitely more than enough memory. Try perhaps the "noswap" cheatcode, that's all I can think of...
Every time I boot Knoppix it says that I have not enough memory to run kde and starts on another desktop, I have 512 DDR400, I think its enough, what's happening?
The memtest is OK and it happens both in kernel 2.4 and 2.6.
Anyone know how to fix it??
The computer is an athlon 2600+, asus a7v600, fx5200, 512mb ddr400... and no HD at the moment, maybe this is the problem???
Thanks in advance and sorry if my english is so bad![]()
No need to apologise; not all of us have been raised in English ;-)
Your problem sounds strange; 512 Mb is definitely more than enough memory. Try perhaps the "noswap" cheatcode, that's all I can think of...
Then again knoppix could be detecting the amount wrong.Originally Posted by baldyeti
Try mem=512M
The memory amount is recognized ok 512MB, but it creates a ramdisk of about 412000K, I'll try "no swap" now, if it works or not we'll know in a few minutes.
Thanks a lot.
No noswap didn't work, mem=512M neither, and both didn't work also, the ramdisk is about 402532K, and I passed again the memtest, memory is ok.
Anyone knows what happens?
It just might be a problem other than low memory; the window manager startup script is /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45Xsession & it seems to use the 'low memory' message as a default message if it is unable to start kde.
Try 'knoppix desktop=xfce' to see if xfce will start. Try also booting 'knoppix 2' (terminal mode) then manually start kde with 'startx'. You can check how much memory you are showing from terminal mode.
OK 'knoppix desktop=xfce' works IŽve tried it yesterday, IŽll try knoppix 2 and then startx, how do I check how much memory I have in terminal mode?
Thanks.
Finally I downloaded Knoppix 3.6 and works, so thanks you all.

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89
LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04
Cordless Computer Vacuum 14500Pa 110000RPM Air Duster Blower Keyboard Cleaning
$63.99
2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99
US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89
Mini Cordless Electric Keyboard Car Vacuum Cleaner Cleaning Duster Rechargeable
$9.97
2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99
Multifunctional Handheld Vacuum Cleaner & Blower for Keyboard/PC US SELLER
$39.99
Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99
Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99