-
Knoppix and Compaq Presario 2200
Hi
I have Knoppix version 3.3 which I finally got installed on one partition on compaq presario 2200 [Model 2246 AP].
I am having the following problems with Knoppix -
1] Audio Driver - [Intel 82801DB(M) ICH4(-M) - AC'97 Audio]
Knoppix does recognize the driver but fails to configure it. So how do I configure so as to start sounds and music on Knoppix.
2] Modem - I am not able to connect to internet using Knoppix. I configured my modem at ttys0 or ttys1 but it says the 'Modem is busy' when I try to connect or when I 'Query Modem'. I have a dial-up connection.
3] I am not able to play vcd as the two Video Players embedded with Knoppix do not recognize '.dat' format of file.
Did I miss some steps regarding configuring Drivers after installation OR do I need to get the latest version of Knoppix for it to work properly on my system ?
Also before installing Knoppix I created three partitions for its installation.
First I created one Linux swap partition and then two Linux partition. My idea was to install Knoppix on one partition and save any data on the other partition. Did I do the right thing ? Was the other Linux partition formatted into ext2 or ext3 file system when the partition table was written on it during installation or do I still need to format it into ext2/3 file system using some other utility ? And do I have to activate [or something] the Linux Swap partition for it to work properly and give max performance ?
Please Advice. Thanks in Advance !!
- Summer
PS - Here are some details of the System :
Motherboard
CPU Type Mobile Unknown, 1400 MHz (6.5 x 215)
Motherboard Chipset Intel Montara-GM i855GM
System Memory 224 MB (PC2700 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type Phoenix (08/03/04)
Display
Video Adapter Intel(R) 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller (64 MB)
Video Adapter Intel(R) 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller (64 MB)
3D Accelerator Intel Extreme Graphics 2
Monitor Plug and Play Monitor [NoDB]
Multimedia
Audio Adapter Intel 82801DB(M) ICH4(-M) - AC'97 Audio Controller [B-1]
Network Adapter Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC
Network Adapter WAN (PPP/SLIP) Interface (61.1.29.169)
Modem SoftV92 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP
Similar Threads
-
By kel333 in forum Laptops
Replies: 12
Last Post: 10-25-2005, 04:49 PM
-
By t0ast in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-25-2004, 06:27 PM
-
By mendoza in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-08-2004, 04:04 AM
-
By jimbwork in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-14-2004, 05:51 PM
-
By ronin in forum Laptops
Replies: 11
Last Post: 08-01-2003, 09:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p
$99.99

Juniper Networks AP33 Wireless Access Point Bluetooth WiFi 6 Cloud Managed NIB
$54.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99