Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Knoppix vs PCMCIA

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5

    Knoppix vs PCMCIA

    *I have a Toshiba Portege 2000 running (Well, was running anyway) WinXP pro. (Files are still there...)

    ***Problem:
    ***CD-R is PCMCIA

    ***When starting Knoppix I keep getting this error message:
    ***"Cant find Knoppix system file, sorry
    ***Dropping you to a (very limited) shell.
    ***Press reset to quit."

    ***Build in command are :
    ***cat
    ***insmod
    ***mount
    ***rmmod
    ***umount
    ***lsmod

    ***I have tryed the cheat boot code :
    ***"Knoppix ide2=0x180 nopcmia"

    ***But it did not change anything ....

    I can't boot using USB and I don't have a floppy drive ...

    ***Any help !? I am getting very disparate to get my files back. I have also tryed the "Ultimate boot cd" but to no avail ...

    ***Anyone !?

    ***Thanx

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5
    ... Also ...

    The Knoppix CD works great in my girlfriend laptop using a build in CD-r ...

    And finally, I, of course, am a windows user so be nice and simple ! (I also have a Mac runing OSX so I get the command structure but you know...)


  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5

    So far....

    I've read a lot of stuff but nothing's working so far ...

    "knoppix ide2=0x180 nopcmcia" does nothing ...

    I am also working with Knoppix 3.2 like specified in some treads to be the only one working with Toshiba laptop ....

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5
    C:\FORMAT


    Bye !

    ;(

Similar Threads

  1. Booting from pcmcia cdrom: pcmcia modules floppy image?
    By gjhicks in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-01-2005, 05:44 AM
  2. Newbie: using CF CARD (PCMCIA/USB) with Knoppix 3.4
    By veliizzet in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-05-2004, 02:44 PM
  3. PCMCIA freezes Knoppix 3.3
    By MarcoF in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-29-2004, 07:06 PM
  4. Wireless PCMCIA Cards for Knoppix
    By JockVSJock in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-15-2003, 02:16 AM
  5. Orinoco Wireless PCMCIA / Dell 1150 PCMCIA Support?
    By Guest in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-26-2002, 03:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lot of 12 Vintage 1960's Military Logic Cards PCB Set Germanium Transistors picture

Lot of 12 Vintage 1960's Military Logic Cards PCB Set Germanium Transistors

$299.00



Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1 picture

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1

$250.00



Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer picture

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer

$419.99



Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New picture

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New

$75.00



Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS  PromBlaster picture

Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS PromBlaster

$895.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A

$150.00



Vintage Sonic Solutions Macintosh  Power Mac 3.5

Vintage Sonic Solutions Macintosh Power Mac 3.5" Floppy Disks + Manuals RARE

$99.90



Vintage Microsoft Computer/Briefcase Bag Great Condition No Strap picture

Vintage Microsoft Computer/Briefcase Bag Great Condition No Strap

$25.00



Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s picture

Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s

$169.99



Vtg 370CPU Rev 370 FC-PGA converter board With ECS Motherboard + CPU Lot  picture

Vtg 370CPU Rev 370 FC-PGA converter board With ECS Motherboard + CPU Lot

$70.00