Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Knoppix vs PCMCIA

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5

    Knoppix vs PCMCIA

    *I have a Toshiba Portege 2000 running (Well, was running anyway) WinXP pro. (Files are still there...)

    ***Problem:
    ***CD-R is PCMCIA

    ***When starting Knoppix I keep getting this error message:
    ***"Cant find Knoppix system file, sorry
    ***Dropping you to a (very limited) shell.
    ***Press reset to quit."

    ***Build in command are :
    ***cat
    ***insmod
    ***mount
    ***rmmod
    ***umount
    ***lsmod

    ***I have tryed the cheat boot code :
    ***"Knoppix ide2=0x180 nopcmia"

    ***But it did not change anything ....

    I can't boot using USB and I don't have a floppy drive ...

    ***Any help !? I am getting very disparate to get my files back. I have also tryed the "Ultimate boot cd" but to no avail ...

    ***Anyone !?

    ***Thanx

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5
    ... Also ...

    The Knoppix CD works great in my girlfriend laptop using a build in CD-r ...

    And finally, I, of course, am a windows user so be nice and simple ! (I also have a Mac runing OSX so I get the command structure but you know...)


  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5

    So far....

    I've read a lot of stuff but nothing's working so far ...

    "knoppix ide2=0x180 nopcmcia" does nothing ...

    I am also working with Knoppix 3.2 like specified in some treads to be the only one working with Toshiba laptop ....

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5
    C:\FORMAT


    Bye !

    ;(

Similar Threads

  1. Booting from pcmcia cdrom: pcmcia modules floppy image?
    By gjhicks in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-01-2005, 05:44 AM
  2. Newbie: using CF CARD (PCMCIA/USB) with Knoppix 3.4
    By veliizzet in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-05-2004, 02:44 PM
  3. PCMCIA freezes Knoppix 3.3
    By MarcoF in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-29-2004, 07:06 PM
  4. Wireless PCMCIA Cards for Knoppix
    By JockVSJock in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-15-2003, 02:16 AM
  5. Orinoco Wireless PCMCIA / Dell 1150 PCMCIA Support?
    By Guest in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-26-2002, 03:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$169.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core 4750U 1.70 GHz 512 GB SSD 16 GB RAM Win11Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core 4750U 1.70 GHz 512 GB SSD 16 GB RAM Win11Pro

$240.00



Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor

$175.00



HP Pavilion Laptop Computer 15.6 8-Core Intel i3 8GB RAM 628GB Storage, Open Box picture

HP Pavilion Laptop Computer 15.6 8-Core Intel i3 8GB RAM 628GB Storage, Open Box

$299.00



Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2  / SR19W   3.30GHz 25MB  8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011 picture

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011

$30.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor

$245.99



AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor

$189.99



Microsoft Surface Go 2 Laptop Core i5 1135G7 2.4GHz 8GB 128GB SSD picture

Microsoft Surface Go 2 Laptop Core i5 1135G7 2.4GHz 8GB 128GB SSD

$179.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused

$365.00



Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11 picture

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11

$250.00