-
consistant java error message in apt-get
I installed limewire via apt-get and during the install, got an error message in the process. Even though I uninstalled Limewire, the messages persists during every apt-get session I have. The message is below. How do I fix this?
thanx
helios
Setting up j2re1.4 (1.4.0.99beta-1) ...
update-alternatives: unable to make /usr/lib/mozilla-cvs/plugins/javaplugin_oji.so.dpkg-tmp a symlink to /etc/alternatives/javaplugin_oji-mozilla-cvs.so: No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing j2re1.4 (--configure):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
Errors were encountered while processing:
j2re1.4
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
root@helios:/home/helios#
-
Senior Member
registered user
Probably because /etc/alternatives/javaplugin_oji-mozilla-cvs.so does not exists, thus the symlink creation fails. I would first check to see if /etc/alternatives/javaplugin_oji-mozilla-cvs.so exists. If it does not, then create /etc/alternatives/javaplugin_oji-mozilla-cvs.so using the command
Code:
touch /etc/alternatives/javaplugin_oji-mozilla-cvs.so
.
I hope this helps.
James
-
thank you James
Worked like a charm...my thanx to you
helios
Similar Threads
-
By Tyler_H72 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-09-2005, 09:03 PM
-
By McGrady in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-13-2004, 08:53 PM
-
By pulsar in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-08-2004, 05:48 PM
-
By ClubMed in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-12-2004, 09:11 PM
-
By derek wilkinson in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-21-2004, 11:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL560 Gen9 (P85) P85_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99