-
Persistent Home with PMI problem
Hi, I have a Poor Man Install working mostly great, except for the persistent home.
When I save the Knoppix configuration file and restart, any files that I've saved in the home directory remain usable. As well, my bookmarks/desktop settings are stored correctly.
The problem is that any changes made to the desktop (files added or icons deleted) are lost after restarting.
I have a separate partition set up as the persistent home, and the myconfig= and home= lines set up in my Grub menu.lst file.
I did notice that when I'm starting up, the knoppix.sh file is loaded first from the home directory, and then again from the image file in KNOPPIX. It seems like this file is always getting loaded as the default one off of the image file.
Thanks for your help!
Similar Threads
-
By Ambrose in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-06-2005, 09:52 PM
-
By jma2 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-12-2005, 11:36 AM
-
By hawkeye in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-18-2005, 08:42 PM
-
By 5t1nkbu77 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-20-2003, 04:27 AM
-
By pnti in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-07-2003, 12:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$166.24

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS
$15.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$165.58