-
How to get login prompt in Knoppix-style install?
I have Knoppix 3.3 installed on my computer. I chose the Knoppix-style installation, I would have prefered the Debian-style installation but for some reason the installer would hang.
Now I have several annoyances that I have to deal with, and would really love to fix them if possible 
1) No login prompt: The system logins as knoppix user by default. I looked into the KDE Login Manager, but no dice.
2) Automatic hardware detection: This is nice for a LiveCD, but gets really annoying after a while if your distro is installed on your HD and nothing is changing from one bootup to the next. I would like at the least to have all my hard drives mounted and set to read-write (instead of read-only) a boot.
Any suggestions?
TIA!
Similar Threads
-
By newbie_remaster in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-20-2004, 01:40 AM
-
By Markus in forum The Lounge
Replies: 19
Last Post: 05-29-2004, 03:52 PM
-
By erp in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-23-2004, 02:26 AM
-
By Bukowski in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-19-2004, 01:57 PM
-
By hololi in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-27-2003, 03:59 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00