Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Bus Error on a Thinkpad T23

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    2

    Bus Error on a Thinkpad T23

    Hello
    I'm looking for some help about the knoppix 3.6 on my thinkpad T23.
    When I boot from the CD, everything goes well: every peace of hardware is well recognised , I'm even able to use my office intranet with a PCMCIA token ring card !!
    BUT, when I launch the Root Shell, Nothing comes. The window disapears after 3-4 minutes .... When I launch a normal Console and if I type "sudo -s", I retrieve the annoying message Bus error ......
    It happens with the standard option (kernel 2.4) and with the kernel 2.6

    My configuration: IBM T23, 1Go RAM , 30Go HD .
    I've 4 partitions. 1 main NTFS for my CP Pro, and 1 logical ext2 (3Go) , 2 logical FAT32 (3Go each).

    I really don't understand how to have the root shell. My goal actually, is to get write access to my hard disk, and I desesperately need to be root on my machine ............

    So if somebody could help me

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    2

    Need to have the latest BIOS

    Hi
    Me again with an anwser to my own question ....

    I've flashed my BIOS, and now, I'm able to have the access to the root shell.
    And also, to mount my partitions in order to write on them.

    Great !

    Unfortunately, I've now lots of errors during the boot ..... I don't know why .....
    I'll wait and see how my Knoppix will stay alive

    Bye

Similar Threads

  1. botting error on thinkpad 770
    By lebarobman in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-14-2005, 03:04 PM
  2. Boot Error on Thinkpad 1161-51f
    By paulius in forum Laptops
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-22-2004, 05:39 PM
  3. Thinkpad G40 Issues with 3.3
    By mykroft in forum Laptops
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-07-2004, 08:13 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-06-2003, 09:34 AM
  5. APM on ThinkPad A31
    By niki2002 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-19-2003, 01:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$102.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$39.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$49.00



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health picture

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health

$24.00



Samsung 850 EVO MZ-75E250 250 GB 2.5 in SATA III Solid State Drive picture

Samsung 850 EVO MZ-75E250 250 GB 2.5 in SATA III Solid State Drive

$24.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot picture

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot

$79.99



Samsung 850 PRO 512GB 2.5

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB 2.5" SATA SSD MZ-7KE512 MZ7KE512

$65.00