-
Junior Member
registered user
rc5.d script breaks X-Server
I am trying to run two commands at startup on my remastered CD. I created a script in /etc/init.d named ARIstartup:
Code:
sudo mount /mnt/hda1
sudo cupsd
I then created a link to this called /etc/rc5.d/S99ARIstartup.
When I boot the system it starts Runlevel: 5 and gets to Starting X11.....
then displays the following messages:
Retrying with Server XFree86(vesa) .
Retrying with Server XFree86(fbdev) .
Error: No suitable X-Server found for your card.
The system has run fine before this script was executed. In fact all I did was change the permissions so the script could run, because it was skipping the script without execute permissions.
I am running this script because I need the hda1 to be mounted with rw permissions and I need print services.
Any help either working around this script or fixing it wouold be greatly appreciated.
Update:
This was not caused by the rc5.d script. The script works fine. There was a problem building the isofs. Problem solved.
Similar Threads
-
By Indig0 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-23-2005, 03:50 PM
-
By ahfoo in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-29-2004, 03:05 PM
-
By Steve F in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 9
Last Post: 09-17-2004, 06:41 PM
-
By natrius in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-14-2004, 09:19 PM
-
By shane in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 07:42 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

Intel Core i7-6900K SR2PB 8-Core 3.20GHz CPU LGA 2011 (Socket R)
$60.00

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$399.00

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98

Dell OptiPlex 7060 Intel Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 8GB RAM 256GB Windows 11 Pro FAST
$159.99