Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Questions?

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    52

    Questions?

    I have been using Knoppix 3.6 for about two weeks now so I am new to linux and I would like for someone to answer these questions if they could, please. Thank you.

    1) Why does btdownloadgui.py does not work? I get an error that libwxget2.4-python is not installed.

    2) I have a printer connected to a serial port. When I run kaddprinterwizard, there is not detection of the serial port? It detects that I have 10 USB's but I only have two. It says that I can enter a URI. What is the URI? Is there a way that I can find out what the URI of my serial port is so that I could put this information into the URI box.

    3) I have tried Kdevelop3. It has crashed on me several times. I get a diolog box that I can use to back trace to debug the error. When I do this, my screen gets filled up with message that says that no debugging symbol is found and than the system crashes on me and nothing works. I have to shut off the power and reboot to get the system to work. What is the back trace suppose to do? How can I get it to work so that when I get another crash of Kdevelop3 I can report the error to the authors?

    4) When I try to compile a java project in Kdevelop3 I get an error that classpath is set incorectly. How can I set the correct classpath to compile the project? Where could I download class files in package org.kde because I think that they are not installed in Knoppix and the java project wants to import them?

    5) I found several dead links in Knoppix that are pointing to files that seem to have been removed but the links have not been remove. Should I write them down and report them to someone or what?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    52
    Well it has been almost a month now and no one has try to answer my questions. Could someone please try to give me some answers I would appreciate that? Thanks.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    it seems the errormessage says it all
    libwxget2.4-python is not installed.
    it needs a library that is not on the CD.

    there is likely no url to your printer, that refers to a networkadress (URL).
    have you tried to configute cups?
    go to and Select
    Manage Printers
    then in that menu
    Add Printers
    just go along that path, should work, if not let us hear.
    as to the kdevelop i think that you need to install to hdd before the loging ... works properly. as the CD is not writable... things canot write to the log and CRASH!

    you could post them here on the forum under http://www.knoppix.net/bugs/
    or in the http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=1
    part, then from there you could likely get help to go further on that particular bugreport.

    hope i helped some
    OErjan

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    52
    Thanks OErjan. I will try it later when I get home.

Similar Threads

  1. A few questions.
    By SNK88 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2005, 08:24 PM
  2. questions
    By c_programmer in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-15-2004, 03:09 AM
  3. questions
    By OvA in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2004, 07:55 AM
  4. Last two questions before i go for it.
    By tycapel7 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-25-2004, 07:42 AM
  5. Several apt-get questions
    By baldyeti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-24-2003, 03:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$75.99



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure picture

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure

$119.99



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go picture

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go

$75.00



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00