-
Senior Member
registered user
ALSA Audacity via82xx sample rate @ 48k not 44.1k?
What I have been trying to do is record some of my old LPs so I can burn them to CD. After much struggling (and googling) with ALSA on my 2.6.6 kernel including getting the line-in to operate as a line-in, not a surround out (go to kmix and check on 'advanced' click to disable 'line-in as surround')., I still have a problem.
Audacity records with a sample rate of 48k, not the CD standard of 44.1k so when it plays back, it plays back more slowly. (The settings in Audacity make no difference). I cannot find a way to set the sound card to sample at 44.1k, however, I do note that dmesg has the following line:-
via82xx: Assuming DXS channels with 48k fixed sample rate.
Please try dxs_support=1 or dxs_support=4 option
Anyone any idea how I can tell it not to assume 48k!!!!
In the meantime I'll read everything I can on ALSA on the forum.
Many thanks! Stu.....
Similar Threads
-
By Antaeus in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-13-2005, 04:00 AM
-
By plener in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-08-2005, 07:11 PM
-
By goba in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-07-2003, 01:29 PM
-
By Alex1 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-20-2003, 11:17 PM
-
By Alex1 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-20-2003, 10:57 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

Intel Core Ultra 7 265K 3.9GHz LGA 1851 Processor
$249.99