-
n00bquestion: HDD-partition-permissions?
Iīm just a few weeks old on this Linux/Knoppix-thing and everything seems to work out fine, Iīm learning by the day but thereīs still one thing I havenīt been able to figure out. Can I move files to ANY OTHER point on my computer except for my /home directory?
Iīm not currently on my computer because my ISP has problems with my modem and so on, long story that has nothing to do with Linux/Knoppix, so I canīt really provide logs and so on...
I have two physical hddīs in my computer, the big one - unfortunately - has NFTS on it so it stays read-only until I can get the other one working properly. And the other one then, hda1 (ext3)-> boot drive, hda2 (ext3?)-> intention was to use this as storage.
I used cfdisk to create one partition out of two others, one which had WinXP on it, thus ending up with hda2 unformatted. I tried to find a way to format the partition and found QTParted. So now itīs got a file system, at least it says it does. So even if I mount it I canīt for the world move nor remove files from that partition, NOR files outside of the /home directory on hda1 EVEN if I change read/write status (by right-clicking, Actions -> Change Read/write). Same goes for my MP3-player, sda1.
Iīm quite convinced this is just a newbie-problem but itīs really bugging me out that I canīt use my HDDīs, I just want to use them the same way I did in Windows... 
Thanks..!
Similar Threads
-
By redsnake in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-31-2005, 09:46 PM
-
By w5uc in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-01-2005, 08:18 PM
-
By n01mportant in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-14-2005, 10:27 PM
-
By newiaqua in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-26-2004, 07:49 PM
-
By buckinpgh in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-06-2003, 06:54 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99