If you want to reinstall, try boot cd with cheatcodes : lang=us
If you want to stay with installed knoppix, append cheatcode: lang=us
and remove lang=de in /etc/lilo.cfg.
![]()
![]()
With the English Live CD version of Knoppix 3.6 utlities like partimage, cfdisk and mc are all in English. Once installed with knippix-installer however these all display in German. If I remember correctly (I am not in Knoppix at the moment) so do the man pages. How can one get all this back into English - or alternatively, how can one do the installation so that everything remains in English. German for the basic controls of these programs would be OK, but when one hits an error or more complex dialog, it can be a bit unnerving!
John
If you want to reinstall, try boot cd with cheatcodes : lang=us
If you want to stay with installed knoppix, append cheatcode: lang=us
and remove lang=de in /etc/lilo.cfg.
![]()
![]()
Thanks.
I use Grub actually (from Fedora) in a triple boot setup with XP, so I put the cheat code as you suggested but in menu.lst instead, as I am sure you would intend. It does indeed work. Thanks again.
John

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99
Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished
$44.99
Intel Core i9-13900K Processor (5.8 GHz, 24 Cores, LGA 1700)
$320.00
Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151
$39.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99
Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99
Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU
$39.99
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Processor (3.9GHz, 8 Cores, Socket AM4) Boxed -...
$95.00
APPLE MACBOOK PRO A2338 | M1 | 256GB SSD | 8GB | C | BH 85% - 90% | Golden Gate
$399.99