Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Help: how can I reinstall kicker?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    14

    Help: how can I reinstall kicker?

    Hi,

    I want to customerise a Knoppix on my PC, and removed kicker accidently. when I tried to use apt-get to install it , I got the following error:

    apt-get install kicker

    Reading Package Lists... Done
    Building Dependency Tree... Done
    Package kicker is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
    is only available from another source
    E: Package kicker has no installation candidate


    I run dpkg-query -l kicker, got the followin result:

    Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
    | Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
    |/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
    ||/ Name Version Description
    +++-==============-==============-============================================
    rc kicker 3.2.2-1 KDE Desktop Panel


    What can I do now?

    I already mount the proc and set the ifconfig, so I can access internet. I have another Knoppix cd which has the kicker package, but I don't know how to get it from that cd. I am a new guy for Debian, any help are deeply appreciated.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    14
    ok, I found the problem. I need to run apt-get update.

    then I can do
    apt-get install kicker

    But when I run apt-get update, looks like it downloaded a lots of data to my hd, so probably It will use a lots of space on my CD.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8
    In order to clean up the "lots of downloaded files", when you are ready to remaster, you may empty /etc/apt/sources.list, run apt-get clean, and apt-get update. The final update should empty the cache. More information should be in the remastering howto.

Similar Threads

  1. Start KICKER when FLUXBOX loads
    By bob58 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-22-2005, 10:20 PM
  2. Kicker menu entries
    By srowe in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-30-2004, 06:38 PM
  3. kicker...where is it?
    By fab1976 in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-28-2004, 11:38 PM
  4. Mozilla icon on Kicker
    By Aleu in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-10-2003, 09:33 PM
  5. Mozilla kicker icon changes after customization??!?
    By Peter in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-09-2003, 11:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5" SAS ST4000NM0025

$22.00



New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD

$137.59



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$69.00



HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar  6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860

$129.99



(2) Seagate SAS Hard Drive Exos 7E8 3TB 7200RPM 128MB 12Gb/s 3.5 ST3000NM0035 picture

(2) Seagate SAS Hard Drive Exos 7E8 3TB 7200RPM 128MB 12Gb/s 3.5 ST3000NM0035

$49.99



Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$159.99



Hitachi  / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD

$29.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health

$78.00



Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408

$354.99



HDD 3.5

HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy

$35.00