After installing kdeartwork, I found that a lot of the screensavers that don't work by default in Knoppix now work, so I installed xscreensaver and got a bunch more to work. (But some still don't--not sure what package I need to get for them to work.) Problem is, the screen blanks in a few minutes, so the screensaver is a bit moot.
I tried adding "/usr/bin/setterm -blank 0" to /etc/profile, but it didn't have any effect. Anyone know where it can be turned off? Of course, ideally I'd like to turn it off ONLY when KDE starts--leaving it to work if I boot to a console or to work in KDM if I don't log in immediately.

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30
IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
IBM 01YM308 Storwize V7000 G3 for 2076-724 Internal Storage System Control Node
$749.99
Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99