-
Junior Member
registered user
Definitive Tutorial?
I have now tried installing Knoppix to hardrive several times but I keep having problems. Although it boots up from the hardrive and into KDE etc, I notice various erros while it is loading in but they go too quick to read,
Most things appear to be working ok but I am having a lot of trouble trying to install anything and often get errors about various things missing.
I'm just wondering if there is an up-to-date, definitive tutorial on how to perform the hdd install?
I have found loads of information on google but nothing seems particularly recent and often different articles give slightly different information so I'm not sure which to follow.
One thing I keep wondering is whether I am supposed to do anything in particular after the new installation boots up because I feel I'm missing something and all the articles I've found basically say type knoppix-installer and follow the instructions.
I've been struggling with linux (first Gentoo and now Knoppix) and I just can't seem to get anywhere at all. I'm certainly not stupid and although I'm new to linux, I know my way round a computer.
I just seem to be missing something somewhere.
Similar Threads
-
By eadz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 62
Last Post: 07-15-2011, 03:07 PM
-
By Firezone2k in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-26-2003, 05:46 AM
-
By senorian in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-12-2003, 10:05 PM
-
By senorian in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-12-2003, 08:40 PM
-
By mabhatter in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-04-2003, 07:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00

CPU-RAM-MOBO COMBO- 32gb DDR4 3600MHz, i5 CPU, Asus Prime Motherboard
$370.00

HP ProDesk 405 G8 Desktop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 5650GE 16GB RAM 512GB SSD W11P
$319.99

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$74.99

Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00

Intel Core i5-14600KF Unlocked Desktop Processor
$259.99

Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$14.99

GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4
$229.95