Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: kmail and hotmail configuration

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    21

    kmail and hotmail configuration

    I may be a moron, but I can't figure out how to configure my kmail so I can access my hotmail account. I have another email account that I have successfully configured because I knew the smtp and pop3 servers. Any help?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981
    I don't think you can access hotmail through your email program, I thought you had to access it through your web browser, in which case just set a bookmark to hotmail login & check all the automatic logon checks you can find.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    42
    as far as i know, outlook has a plugin to acess hotmail, both owned by Micro$oft. I think Tightarse Gates would have somthing to say about using something of his with something so wonderful as Gnu-Knoppix/Linux.

    kwazy.co uk, are giving free pop3 accounts which kmail can download from, but no smtp, so you will have to use the Smail server on Knoppix to send anything.

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    30
    Try this:

    http://hotwayd.sourceforge.net/

    I used it myself for a while.

Similar Threads

  1. KMail 1.8.1 and passwords...
    By pgk3734 in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-04-2005, 08:22 AM
  2. Help me set up Kmail
    By Ezor in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-22-2004, 09:29 PM
  3. Hotmail support for kmail
    By hojit in forum Ideas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 05:07 AM
  4. hotmail email accout.. connection refused..
    By wmcn in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-06-2004, 04:13 PM
  5. Smail in Kmail
    By willywalker in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2004, 11:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$398.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 5 Touch 14” Laptop Core i5 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 5 Touch 14” Laptop Core i5 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11

$249.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16

Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...

$749.99



Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...

$379.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good

$261.99



Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16" WUXGA Touch Ryzen 7 8845HS 16GB 512GB SSD FPReader

$571.00



Lenovo ThinkPad L390 13.3” Touchscreen Laptop Core i3 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad L390 13.3” Touchscreen Laptop Core i3 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11

$199.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T480 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T480 14" FHD i5-8250U 8GB 256GB SSD Windows 11

$200.00