View Poll Results: Knoppix Persistent Home 0.2...
- Voters
- 3. You may not vote on this poll
-
Regarding Knoppix Persistent Home 0.2
Greetings,
First and foremost; WOW! Knoppix is an amazing product. Thx!
I am attempting to run Knoppix Persistent Home 0.2 from a usb key (www.usbkeydrive.com - 128M ver). I am a moderately able linux admin/user; much to learn.
I have read the docs. I installed it, picked /dev/sda1 as my persistant home and let it format part of the usb key drive (64M worth).
Neither of the install files copied any of my existing $HOME over to the usbkeydrive (now the home dir) so I manually copied (even the hidden) files over.
It is not working for me. I have tried several times and nothing seems to work.
When I try to run a program it relays: "Launcher not able with DCOMS" or something close to that.
What am I missing? I desparately want this to work with my key so that I can move from machine to machine in the lab with a 64M $HOME.
Can someone break down my doofus screwup? Im confident that it is me and not the software.
Thx,
Fred Nix
"This wont hurt a bit!"
-
Worked for me. The only problem I had was needing to "sudo su" before the script could create the file system on hdb1.
(BTW I didn't copy any files from $HOME though - just rebooted - floppyconf - then customised. Fonts, Icons etc.)
You might have to contact Matthias Schwarze on the
http://mailman.linuxtag.org/mailman/...debian-knoppix
and see if he's collecting bug reports or has a FAQ .......
regards
rob
-

Originally Posted by
monkymind
(BTW I didn't copy any files from $HOME though - just rebooted - floppyconf - then customised. Fonts, Icons etc.)
Whoops!
Fonts shouldn't be in there - just colours, icons, locale, dialup etc
rob
-
RE: Regarding Knoppix Persistent Home 0.2
Thx Monkymind!
I went to try it...rebooted (deleting everything), went to download (http://www.centernetworx.de/knx_persistent_home.tar.gz) and the link no longer works! DOOKIE!
Anyone know of an alternate (url) location for this software?
Thx,
Phredd
"This won't hurt a bit..."
-
MonkyMind has the answer...
Similar Threads
-
By permutations in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-01-2004, 09:54 PM
-
By spydie in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-23-2003, 12:09 PM
-
By pnti in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-07-2003, 12:27 AM
-
By monkymind in forum News
Replies: 37
Last Post: 03-20-2003, 05:45 PM
-
By dboffin in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-19-2003, 07:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Retro Lot IC CHIPS CERAMIC Plastic Assorted GOLD Scrap Collection Tubes
$199.99

Vintage Apple M2115 SCSI External Hard Drive for Macintosh POWERS ON
$119.89

RARE VTG NEC IBM PC COMMAND SET SPIN MATE 6150 + SPINWRITER 8850 USER GUIDE
$199.95

Dell Dimension L1000r Pentium III 1GHz 512MB NO/HDD Vintage Computer Retro PC
$149.97

Vintage 1984 Seattle Silicon Technology Inc. Valid Concorde ASIC User’s Manual
$299.00

Vintage 1988 APPLE MACINTOSH “3 Stooges” 512K Romsimm AP1127-02 VERY RARE
$399.00

Vintage California Computer Systems Boards for S-100 Terminiator Cards
$145.00

Vintage Software - Apple Macintosh System 7 & Laser Writer Floppy Disks Classic
$99.00

Vintage Retro Beige AT Desktop Computer Sleeper Case
$99.99

DELL INSPIREON 8200 VINTAGE LAPTOP
$85.00