Hi mtb911 you cant install any software if your useing Knoppix from the cd but if you install knoppix to your hdd then everyhting should work fine
I want to install outside software which ones do i use.(like yahoo messenger,etc).
Hi mtb911 you cant install any software if your useing Knoppix from the cd but if you install knoppix to your hdd then everyhting should work fine
Keep an eye on Morphix because Alex is working on a way to add apps to the cd w/o remastering. Hopefully his first version should be ready soon - possibly next week.
ok i see first i gotta install to hdd.then what ones work?redhat or unix what? any info will greatly accepted .and yes im installing today.
I have been able to install .bin executables. With thre combonation of persistent home and save config I got all folders to stay by moving the from there defaul location to the desktop.
paul![]()
Once Knoppix is installed it becomes Debian. You can ues apt-get to retrieve and install new packages from www.debian.org. You may also get and install tarballs from numerous places on the web.Originally Posted by mtb911
This could be very interesting. I see alot of discussion about this very thing in the user mailing list.Originally Posted by aay
qa1433 are you runing knoppix from a cd? and what ver. and like what programs have you been able to install and how?I have been able to install .bin executables. With thre combonation of persistent home and save config
--I use ' gaim ' instead of YIM. Yahoo's app is several years out of date.
Originally Posted by mtb911
thanks you guys helped me out alot.and i finnaly got it installed to hdd now for some real fun .(knoppix rocks).

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.75