Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Can't make an ADSL-Connection with new Knoppix-Versions

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    9

    Can't make an ADSL-Connection with new Knoppix-Versions

    Hello,

    I've got a Problem with making an ADSL-Connection with new Knoppix-Versions.
    But it worked easily on Knoppix 3.3.

    The Knoppix-Version, I'm using is a special Image from the german magazine PC-WELT: Knoppix 3.7 Professional Edition.
    Now I can't get online, because Knoppix doesn't recognize my Network-Card.

    Does anybody know why it doesn't work, and how I could make it work?


    (Sorry for my bad english, I hope u'll understand it ^^)



    Also posted here

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536
    Using the same. I went to K- knoppix-network card configuration and selected dhcp or what ever on eth0. Then I went to K-knoppix-network/internet-dev modem connection. Then k-knoppix-network/internet-adsl pppoe confiruration and followed through. pump at konsole will help start your connection in 3.7.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    9
    thanks for your request rrfish72.

    i tried to follow your explaination, but it doesn't work anyway.
    when i start k- knoppix -network card configuration and select dhcp on eth0 there comes this message:
    FAILED
    so i couldn't do the next steps ^^

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3

    ADSL not able to configure

    In reply to your problem, I am running like you a Magazine KnoppixLive 3.6 on an Acer Aspire laptop and the only thing that does not work is that Live does not recognise my exterior "Speedtouch" ADSL modem. Plese let me know if you get a solution. Graham. ([email protected])

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    9
    i hope i, or in this case they, or better we will find a solution for this problem.

    but it works with knoppix 3.3 doesn't it?

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    9
    YEAH!!!
    I found out a solution:

    Code:
    su
    ifconfig eth0 up
    And then start the pppeoconf.
    Now it should work


    Now there's another problem left:
    I can't use my USB-Stick for loading the home-files.
    I can save them on it, but Knoppix just can't mount the data, when it's booting ^^
    It's a problem, because now I have to make a new ADSL-Connection everytime...

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    9
    Maybe u can help me with another Problem.
    It's just the same Problem: Making an ADSL-Connection
    But now it is Knoppix STD.
    The solution, i found out for Knoppix doesn't work with Knoppix STD.
    Do you have another solution?

Similar Threads

  1. adsl connection in knoppix 4.0.2
    By krait in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-21-2005, 11:36 AM
  2. ADSL internet connection
    By metallica22 in forum Networking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-22-2005, 06:08 AM
  3. Logon to ADSL Connection
    By jamesbrown in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-16-2005, 10:23 PM
  4. ADSL connection.
    By Ganon_Dwarf in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-17-2004, 03:16 PM
  5. ADSL VPN connection (PPTP)
    By assaflavie in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-13-2004, 04:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair

$69.99



Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New picture

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New

$75.00



Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer picture

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer

$599.99



IBM 5150 XT Desktop Vintage Computer Part Not Tested C Grade picture

IBM 5150 XT Desktop Vintage Computer Part Not Tested C Grade

$299.99



Vintage Tandy Color Computer Print Master Software Manual & Floppy Disk Binder picture

Vintage Tandy Color Computer Print Master Software Manual & Floppy Disk Binder

$38.00



Vintage Apple Keyboard II Mo487 In Black picture

Vintage Apple Keyboard II Mo487 In Black

$300.00



Vintage MicroPro WordStar Version 3.0 8

Vintage MicroPro WordStar Version 3.0 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Software Summer Sale

$89.99



Vintage AppleCare Protection Plan Box for Mac Model 607-3517 COLLECTIBLE ONLY picture

Vintage AppleCare Protection Plan Box for Mac Model 607-3517 COLLECTIBLE ONLY

$20.00



Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ* picture

Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*

$80.00



Vintage Promise EIDEMAX Enhanced IDE Disk Controller ISA Non-RAID Card Boxed picture

Vintage Promise EIDEMAX Enhanced IDE Disk Controller ISA Non-RAID Card Boxed

$34.99