-
Can't make an ADSL-Connection with new Knoppix-Versions
Hello,
I've got a Problem with making an ADSL-Connection with new Knoppix-Versions.
But it worked easily on Knoppix 3.3.
The Knoppix-Version, I'm using is a special Image from the german magazine PC-WELT: Knoppix 3.7 Professional Edition.
Now I can't get online, because Knoppix doesn't recognize my Network-Card.
Does anybody know why it doesn't work, and how I could make it work?
(Sorry for my bad english, I hope u'll understand it ^^)
Also posted here
-
Senior Member
registered user
Using the same. I went to K- knoppix-network card configuration and selected dhcp or what ever on eth0. Then I went to K-knoppix-network/internet-dev modem connection. Then k-knoppix-network/internet-adsl pppoe confiruration and followed through. pump at konsole will help start your connection in 3.7.
-
thanks for your request rrfish72.
i tried to follow your explaination, but it doesn't work anyway.
when i start k- knoppix -network card configuration and select dhcp on eth0 there comes this message:
so i couldn't do the next steps ^^
-
ADSL not able to configure
In reply to your problem, I am running like you a Magazine KnoppixLive 3.6 on an Acer Aspire laptop and the only thing that does not work is that Live does not recognise my exterior "Speedtouch" ADSL modem. Plese let me know if you get a solution. Graham. ([email protected])
-
i hope i, or in this case they, or better we will find a solution for this problem.
but it works with knoppix 3.3 doesn't it?
-
YEAH!!!
I found out a solution:
Code:
su
ifconfig eth0 up
And then start the pppeoconf.
Now it should work
Now there's another problem left:
I can't use my USB-Stick for loading the home-files.
I can save them on it, but Knoppix just can't mount the data, when it's booting ^^
It's a problem, because now I have to make a new ADSL-Connection everytime...
-
Maybe u can help me with another Problem.
It's just the same Problem: Making an ADSL-Connection
But now it is Knoppix STD.
The solution, i found out for Knoppix doesn't work with Knoppix STD.
Do you have another solution?
Similar Threads
-
By krait in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-21-2005, 11:36 AM
-
By metallica22 in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-22-2005, 06:08 AM
-
By jamesbrown in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-16-2005, 10:23 PM
-
By Ganon_Dwarf in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-17-2004, 03:16 PM
-
By assaflavie in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-13-2004, 04:04 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold
$121.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

32GB Micron PC4 – 3200AA DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM - MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2J3
$200.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

64 (32x2 GB) Memory for laptop Samsung PC4 2Rx8 2666V.
$260.00

64 GB Ram (32x2) Memory for laptop: Samsung PC4 2Rx8 2666V.
$280.00