Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Do I realy have to remaster knoppix ... ?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1

    Do I realy have to remaster knoppix ... ?

    hi.

    I want to customize my knoppix just a little bit:

    I want knoppix to load (after the whole startup-prosess ) a (java-)program from floppydisc. Nothing more.

    Do I realy have to remaster the CD?

    Background:
    We want to use knoppix as OS for a standalone Infoscreenterminal. There should be just running our little java-program after starting the Terminal with Linux. By using knoppix We hope we can run the terminal without harddisk. And by having the java-program on floppydisc we can easyly manage the support of the terminal.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Posts
    118

    Re: Do I realy have to remaster knoppix ... ?

    Quote Originally Posted by protector
    hi.

    I want to customize my knoppix just a little bit:

    I want knoppix to load (after the whole startup-prosess ) a (java-)program from floppydisc. Nothing more.

    Do I realy have to remaster the CD?

    Background:
    We want to use knoppix as OS for a standalone Infoscreenterminal. There should be just running our little java-program after starting the Terminal with Linux. By using knoppix We hope we can run the terminal without harddisk. And by having the java-program on floppydisc we can easyly manage the support of the terminal.
    You can just create a simple script named knoppix.sh and save it on the floppy and then use the cheat code myconf=scan and I think that shuold work.I have not tried this personally.
    I have tried this on a hard drive partition but not on a floppy.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    12

    easy

    Wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to manage a remastered CD? I have found that the only issue remastering the CD is that when I'm done and have a new burn there is something new to change. For a simple change like this it would make sense to burn it into the CD.

    You could eliminate the floppy drive and won't run the risk of having to reboot the system with a custom cheatcode.

    Just a thought. Probably not much help.

Similar Threads

  1. realy big problem , i cant boot knoppix :(
    By gpevc1 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-14-2005, 07:49 PM
  2. Linux is a dream that is not realy there
    By mudwater in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-20-2005, 06:13 PM
  3. Install knoppix on realy old laptop
    By MrBug in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-28-2004, 01:13 PM
  4. Help me remaster knoppix, please!!!
    By spc in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-27-2004, 08:55 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-03-2003, 03:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$12.99



OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$115.00



Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU picture

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU

$649.00



ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB picture

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB

$350.00



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



Brand New Genuine Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS (Advanced Server) Version 3 picture

Brand New Genuine Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS (Advanced Server) Version 3

$39.99



Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set picture

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set

$58.00



Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP picture

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP

$299.00



SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA picture

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA

$284.99