-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Do I realy have to remaster knoppix ... ?

Originally Posted by
protector
hi.
I want to customize my knoppix just a little bit:
I want knoppix to load (after the whole startup-prosess ) a (java-)program from floppydisc. Nothing more.
Do I realy have to remaster the CD?
Background:
We want to use knoppix as OS for a standalone Infoscreenterminal. There should be just running our little java-program after starting the Terminal with Linux. By using knoppix We hope we can run the terminal without harddisk. And by having the java-program on floppydisc we can easyly manage the support of the terminal.
You can just create a simple script named knoppix.sh and save it on the floppy and then use the cheat code myconf=scan and I think that shuold work.I have not tried this personally.
I have tried this on a hard drive partition but not on a floppy.
Similar Threads
-
By gpevc1 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-14-2005, 07:49 PM
-
By mudwater in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 32
Last Post: 01-20-2005, 06:13 PM
-
By MrBug in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-28-2004, 01:13 PM
-
By spc in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-27-2004, 08:55 PM
-
By MR_EPOD in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-03-2003, 03:19 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US
$125.98

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.26

Promise Pegasus R6 Thunderbolt 2 RAID Storage 6Bay Enclosure G2U
$129.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00