-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Do I realy have to remaster knoppix ... ?

Originally Posted by
protector
hi.
I want to customize my knoppix just a little bit:
I want knoppix to load (after the whole startup-prosess ) a (java-)program from floppydisc. Nothing more.
Do I realy have to remaster the CD?
Background:
We want to use knoppix as OS for a standalone Infoscreenterminal. There should be just running our little java-program after starting the Terminal with Linux. By using knoppix We hope we can run the terminal without harddisk. And by having the java-program on floppydisc we can easyly manage the support of the terminal.
You can just create a simple script named knoppix.sh and save it on the floppy and then use the cheat code myconf=scan and I think that shuold work.I have not tried this personally.
I have tried this on a hard drive partition but not on a floppy.
Similar Threads
-
By gpevc1 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-14-2005, 07:49 PM
-
By mudwater in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 32
Last Post: 01-20-2005, 06:13 PM
-
By MrBug in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-28-2004, 01:13 PM
-
By spc in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-27-2004, 08:55 PM
-
By MR_EPOD in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-03-2003, 03:19 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++
$169.00

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

PowerBook Duo 210 vintage laptop
$120.00

Kineses PS/2 Keyboard to Macintosh Adapter Converter Vintage Interface Apple
$60.00

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

E2 Vintage Apple Keyboard II Model M0487 & Bus Mouse II M2706
$79.85

VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor
$250.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh M1212 Color Display Monitor *Untested*
$69.99