-
ISO image
how do I make an ISO image from my live cd so I can have stored on my hard drive in case my cd goes bad
I accidentally erace the one I downloaded
-
Senior Member
registered user
Do yo want to install it to your harddrive? If thats the case control-alt F2 will get you to where you want to type knoppix-installer and folow the directions. cfdisk at that prompt will also help you partition your drive. This can be done from running the live cd. passwd will let you set a new root password if you need to.
Don't you have the iso file on your machine anyway? You could just burn anotherjavascript:emoticon(':P').
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: ISO image

Originally Posted by
dougvega
how do I make an ISO image from my live cd so I can have stored on my hard drive in case my cd goes bad
I accidentally erace the one I downloaded
I gather that you are asking how to make a ISO image from a working Knoppix CD. If you have windows, then you can use the shareware program called Isobuster. Install isobust, run it, and right click on the CD drive icon and save an image.
If you have linux, you could probably use k3b or you can use the command
Code:
dd if=/dev/hdc of=YourNewKnoppix.iso
-
Senior Member
registered user
-
Senior Member
registered user
Easiest way: just do a 'tohd' (poorman's) install. Essentially this copies the CD to the HD & sets up to run it from there just as if it were running from the CD. There are problems if your HD is formatted NTFS however.
There is a how to in the docs.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I doubt that dd with help, ISO has some encoding and formating to it. dd is Raw.
Similar Threads
-
By sunnmoon in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-20-2005, 02:19 PM
-
By strtt in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-04-2005, 11:14 AM
-
By MickKi in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-13-2005, 12:39 PM
-
By StopError in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-20-2004, 11:13 PM
-
By JeauxBleaux in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-31-2003, 06:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY
$89.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

32GB Micron PC4 – 3200AA DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM - MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2J3
$200.00

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

Dell Precision 3541 Laptop i5-9300H 2.4GHz 256GB SSD 16GB RAM Win 11 Pro
$189.99