-
Junior Member
registered user
Problem with Display - works with 3.4, fails with 3.6
I am running KNOPPIX on Toshiba TECRA 8100 laptop. KNOPPIX 3.4 works fine when I enter cheatcode xmodule=fbdev.
But when I try xmodule=fbdev with KNOPPIX 3.6 it doesn't work. It says "Error: No suitable X-Server found for your card" and the GUI doesn't show up. Ideally I would like to run 3.6 using PMI (WinPartition) but I am not able to do that because of this display error. Any idea why xmodule=fbdev doesn't work with ver 3.6?
TIA.
Similar Threads
-
By tilleyrw in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-19-2005, 01:17 AM
-
By Junkster in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 15
Last Post: 06-07-2005, 11:17 PM
-
By Rib in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-07-2004, 12:43 PM
-
By kpf8655 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 07-02-2004, 01:13 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-01-2003, 05:25 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99

Netgear AV Line M4250-9G1F-PoE+ GSM4210PD 10-Port PoE+ Managed L3 Network Switch
$378.00