Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: ??Persistent Home & Config Saves??

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    79

    ??Persistent Home & Config Saves??

    Hi all,
    I am now knee deep in saving Persistent Home & Config Saves. I think I got it working.

    Two (3) questions. I have looked at the how too's about Persistent Home.
    1.) Do you need to save everytime you make changes to the desk top?
    2.) When you save you get an option of a full partition save or xxMg save. Because I din't know what I am doing I save Persistent Home @ 300Mgs. What is the diffrence?
    3.) What is it exactly that I am saving? I know it is an imiage. But an Image of what and what should I notice when I say Persistent Home?

    I know "dumb questions"! If there is a link explaining in detail what Persistent Home is/does I would be glad to investigate it.

    I try to figure all this out on my own. However, I can't seem to understand this Persistent Home.

    With that said, I come to the experts of this forum for answers.

    Thank you in advance for your help,
    Paul

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    202
    1.) Do you need to save everytime you make changes to the desk top?
    No, never.

    I know "dumb questions"! If there is a link explaining in detail what Persistent Home is/does I would be glad to investigate it.
    Use Search,

    Faq, SEARCH, Profile .... (screen top, left )

Similar Threads

  1. Does HD install need persistent home+ save config?
    By mimes in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-29-2004, 03:51 AM
  2. moveing persistent home to 3.4
    By firebyrd10 in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-15-2004, 03:17 PM
  3. Persistent Home: Where's all my space?
    By ahfoo in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-20-2004, 06:33 PM
  4. Persistent Home Resizing
    By xeerex in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-14-2003, 08:19 PM
  5. Use both persistent home and save config doesnt work?
    By humanizer in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-07-2003, 05:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00



Juniper QFX5120-32C-AFI  32x100GbE Switch Dual AC Airflow In, Rail Kit Included picture

Juniper QFX5120-32C-AFI 32x100GbE Switch Dual AC Airflow In, Rail Kit Included

$8150.00



Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS picture

Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS

$8199.99



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic

$79.86



Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC picture

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC

$10499.99



Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management picture

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management

$249.97



Juniper EX4300-24P 24 Port Gigabit PoE+ Switch. picture

Juniper EX4300-24P 24 Port Gigabit PoE+ Switch.

$95.55