Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: NVidia Drivers Installation

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2

    NVidia Drivers Installation

    Just wondering if anyone has a correct procedure to install the nvidia drivers for knoppix 3.6. I am booting of the 2.4.27 kernel.

    I can't seem to get them working properly (tried a number of different versions). I am not doing anything wrong in the installation process (as I have done it numerous times before). I can get the drivers working for Slackware & Mandrake (computers at my work), but can't seem to get them working for knoppix.

    I used to use Knoppix 3.3, and had them working fine. With 3.6 is there someting else to do? Do I need to install the kernel source?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    There should be a install on live cd script in the knoppix menu. It havs nvidia drivers.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2
    I am not sure what you mean.

    I have installed Knoppix to hard drive and am trying to install the nVidia drivers.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    Search in this forum please. Been disscused so many time.


  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    Oh, you did a hd install?

    Then this should help. Scroll down to the nvidia driver part.

    http://www.desktop-linux.net/debkernel.htm

Similar Threads

  1. Nvidia Drivers
    By Dioxin in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-26-2005, 03:29 PM
  2. Help with 2.6.6 and Nvidia Drivers
    By naventus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-28-2004, 08:00 PM
  3. Nvidia drivers i tried all.......
    By Malo in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-02-2004, 03:44 AM
  4. NVIDIA drivers....
    By slc in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-27-2003, 06:25 PM
  5. nvidia drivers
    By evilgeek in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-22-2003, 11:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.98