There should be a install on live cd script in the knoppix menu. It havs nvidia drivers.
Just wondering if anyone has a correct procedure to install the nvidia drivers for knoppix 3.6. I am booting of the 2.4.27 kernel.
I can't seem to get them working properly (tried a number of different versions). I am not doing anything wrong in the installation process (as I have done it numerous times before). I can get the drivers working for Slackware & Mandrake (computers at my work), but can't seem to get them working for knoppix.
I used to use Knoppix 3.3, and had them working fine. With 3.6 is there someting else to do? Do I need to install the kernel source?
Thanks in advance.
There should be a install on live cd script in the knoppix menu. It havs nvidia drivers.
I am not sure what you mean.
I have installed Knoppix to hard drive and am trying to install the nVidia drivers.
Search in this forum please. Been disscused so many time.
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Oh, you did a hd install?
Then this should help. Scroll down to the nvidia driver part.
http://www.desktop-linux.net/debkernel.htm

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00
LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 256 SSD WCAM WI1 CORD
$250.00
Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 1 14.0" 16GB 512GB, BLACK
$285.99
Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 3 14" 32GB 512GB, BLACK
$432.00