There should be a install on live cd script in the knoppix menu. It havs nvidia drivers.
Just wondering if anyone has a correct procedure to install the nvidia drivers for knoppix 3.6. I am booting of the 2.4.27 kernel.
I can't seem to get them working properly (tried a number of different versions). I am not doing anything wrong in the installation process (as I have done it numerous times before). I can get the drivers working for Slackware & Mandrake (computers at my work), but can't seem to get them working for knoppix.
I used to use Knoppix 3.3, and had them working fine. With 3.6 is there someting else to do? Do I need to install the kernel source?
Thanks in advance.
There should be a install on live cd script in the knoppix menu. It havs nvidia drivers.
I am not sure what you mean.
I have installed Knoppix to hard drive and am trying to install the nVidia drivers.
Search in this forum please. Been disscused so many time.
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Oh, you did a hd install?
Then this should help. Scroll down to the nvidia driver part.
http://www.desktop-linux.net/debkernel.htm

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
2U AI MINING SERVER 2x Xeon 36 cores 2.3Ghz DDR4 2x NVIDIA V100 GPU PCIe 2PS USA
$799.00
Windows Server 2025 datacenter 64bit 24 Core 50 cal DVD + PRODUCT LICENSE KEY.
$49.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99