-
NVidia Drivers Installation
Just wondering if anyone has a correct procedure to install the nvidia drivers for knoppix 3.6. I am booting of the 2.4.27 kernel.
I can't seem to get them working properly (tried a number of different versions). I am not doing anything wrong in the installation process (as I have done it numerous times before). I can get the drivers working for Slackware & Mandrake (computers at my work), but can't seem to get them working for knoppix.
I used to use Knoppix 3.3, and had them working fine. With 3.6 is there someting else to do? Do I need to install the kernel source?
Thanks in advance.
-
Senior Member
registered user
There should be a install on live cd script in the knoppix menu. It havs nvidia drivers.
-
I am not sure what you mean.
I have installed Knoppix to hard drive and am trying to install the nVidia drivers.
-
Senior Member
registered user
-
Senior Member
registered user
Oh, you did a hd install?
Then this should help. Scroll down to the nvidia driver part.
http://www.desktop-linux.net/debkernel.htm
Similar Threads
-
By Dioxin in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-26-2005, 03:29 PM
-
By naventus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 06-28-2004, 08:00 PM
-
By Malo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 11
Last Post: 01-02-2004, 03:44 AM
-
By slc in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 19
Last Post: 08-27-2003, 06:25 PM
-
By evilgeek in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-22-2003, 11:16 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 32GB RAM No Drives/OS Server
$292.50

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00